Tuesday, April 2, 2013

WHAT ABOUT "THE BIBLE"?

Happy Easter - Christ is risen! I hope your Day of Resurrection was filled with music, smiles and rejoicing. We attended Christ Lutheran, Phoenix, in their 7 AM service. They numbered over 2,000 worshippers during their services that day. So did Risen Savior, Sun Lakes, where I have been preaching this spring. People really like to come to church on Easter Sunday.
WHAT DID YOU THINK OF "THE BIBLE?"

Last night Carol and I watched the fifth and final part of "The Bible," a mini-series produced by actress Roma Downey and her husband. This part was about the betrayal, suffering, death and resurrection of Jesus. We appreciated seeing it, and are glad it was produced for such a timely showing as to have the final episode on Easter Sunday.

I am wondering what other people thought about the series. If you saw all or most of the five parts, would you be so kind as to send me your thoughts? Your thoughts need not be lengthy or detailed, but if you'd like to do that, I will read them. Send them to pbt45@ecentral.com.

Despite what we may think of it, television is here to stay. Many have wished television wasn't invented because they say it has ruined the family. Most of us realize it has both good and bad aspects, much like the personal computer. It seems to me, though, that when our electronic inventions can be used to broadcast truthful stories from Holy Scripture, that we should rejoice in the good can do.

Having said that, what did you think of "The Bible" series? I don't recall that I've ever asked for an "audience response," so this will be interesting. I will let you know what the responses are next week. 

Again, Happy Easter - Christ is risen!

No comments: