Monday, November 13, 2017

A GOOD ATTITUDE ABOUT LIFE

        Here is a little story I’d like to share with you. You can take from it whatever thoughts you wish, and even if you think the attitude within is rare, it is certainly something we might seek, no matter what our age.  
        A 92 year-old woman had decided to move into a nursing home. Her husband of 70 years had passed away, necessitating her move to an assistance facility. And she had also become blind. She was well dressed, poised and held herself proudly as they helped her from the car into a wheelchair. “I certainly don’t plan to spend all my time in one of these,” she said with a smile. “I’m just helping you get to your new room,” the attendant said. “Of course, and thank you,” the woman said with a smile.
        As she was being wheeled down the hall, the attendant stopped now and then and described her surroundings, the Office, the Dining Room, the Library, the Exercise Room and other areas. As they went, the elderly woman said with an enthusiasm almost like a child at Christmas, “Oh, I love it already,” 
        “But we haven’t reached your room yet,” the attendant said. “That doesn’t matter,” the woman said. “Happiness is something I decide on ahead of time. Whether or not I like my room doesn’t depend on whether its window faces a tree, or if it’s a small room, or even how the furniture is arranged. It’s all in how I arrange my mind. Before I ever got here,I decided to love my new home and my room.” 
        “You see, this is what I try to do every morning. I figure I can either spend the day moping about my life, or I can get dressed, smile and decide to be thankful for what I still have. Each day is a gift from God for me, and as long as I remember that, I can be happy.”

“I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.” (Philippians 4:11)


Rev. Bob Tasler, www.bobtasler.com

No comments: