Tuesday, August 19, 2014

A SPIRITUAL RESET

Do you ever wish you could change your life, make it different than it was, or at least different in the future? Have you ever considering getting yourself a  "reset" in your life?

Last week I had problems with my television receiver. One of the attachments I had purchased for it was no longer working, as evidenced by its small power indicator light that was no longer showing bright red. I assumed it was broken, as most dead lights usually are.

So I went online and contacted "Mr. Chatman" who told to me not to order a new device, but to see of we could reset the old one. The first thing he said was to make sure all my cords were plugged in. I found one loose and plugged it in and that helped, but the light was still out. I followed the rest of his directives, step by step, and the tiny red light finally came on! No need in to get new parts, just reset the old ones.

Oh, that our life could be so easily fixed! I don't mean our physical life because most of those old worn parts can't be replaced. But we can get help for our spiritual life. You see, through neglect, distraction or following foolish ways we can unplugged, live erratically and even become spiritually dead. Our spiritual life can become so under-used that we think we no longer need God. Or we feel God has lost contact with us.

That's when we need to get a spiritual reset through Jesus. God wants us tuned into His Son, and getting it done will probably require asking for help. You can "read the manual" but it also helps to visit with "Pastor Techmann" at one or more of his spiritual workshops (worship services). He works for the "Master Repairman" (God) and if you seek His help, your spiritual life will surely work better.

A spiritual "reset" is one of God's specialties. It costs us nothing but time spent with the Him or His helpers. It will mean carefully following His directions. I thought I'd need new parts, but all I needed was to get the old ones working correctly. The light wasn't dark because the part was dead, but because the system was jammed. After a "reset" the light came back on, and everything worked together well once again.

I spent about half an hour with Mr. Chatman getting this done. It may take you longer. If you're struggling with life problems, or if things do not seem to be working right, I urge you to spend an hour a week with Pastor Techmann. His workshops will do wonders for your overloaded or underpowered spiritual system. You'll need frequent resets. Pastor Techmann will show you how God works best in His own good time with us. He might even ask you Mr. Chatman's first question to me:

"Hello! How can I be of assistance today?"

"Seek the Lord while He may be found. Call upon Him when He is near." (Isaiah 55:6)

Rev. Bob Tasler
www.bobtasler.com

No comments: