Monday, June 25, 2018

KNOWING THE FUTURE


Ever since the Rockies Baseball Club came to Denver in 1993, I’ve been a fan. We were able to get two good infield seats for ten home games each year. It’s always fun to go to Coors Field, even when they lose. If the game is close, I may get a bit nervous and get up and move around. If they win, it makes me happy. The tension is all part of the fun of baseball.
Recently, though, I watched a game we played in the 2007 World Series. I was surprised at how much calmer I was watching it. Why? Because I already knew the outcome. The Red Sox beat us in four straight games, so the suspense of the game didn’t bother me. It was so relaxing that I fell asleep in my recliner watching it. But it was still fun to watch.
Life can be like this. There can be surprises and shocks, fears and frustration, high points and low points, mostly because we don’t know what will happen yet. But when we remind ourselves we are safe from eternal danger because of Jesus, we can take comfort, even in the midst of our struggles.
Apostle John wrote, “These things I have written to you who believe on the name of the Son of God, that you may know you have eternal life.” (1 John 5:13) Life may give us lots of surprises, but with faith in Jesus, we can have peace each day.  Jesus has already shown us our eternal outcome in heaven.

Thank You, Jesus, for giving us Your peace.


Rev. Bob Tasler, www.bobtasler.com
(From author's most recent devotional, EVERY DAY WITH JESUS)

No comments: