Monday, January 20, 2020

MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE


        Have you ever wondered if it’s possible for you to help make the world a better place? Paula J. Fox has written a clever little 125 page book entitled, The Second Mile, published by Inspired Faith. In chapter 5 (p.103) she gives 5 helpful suggestions for Christians to do this. Her words are based on “BTIW” which stands for “Better Than It Was.” Paula writes:
        1.  I will always strive for excellence in everything I do, and remember that I may not be able to make it perfect, but I can make it BTIW – “Better Than It Was.”
        2.  When I touch another person’s life in any way, in person, on the phone, in written correspondence, I will try to add value to them and make their day BTIW – “Better Than It Was.”
        3.  Every time I enter and leave a room, a car or any other space, I will leave the place and everyone in it, BTIW – “Better Than It Was.”
        4.  When I clean something, reorganize something or change something, I will do my best to make it BTIW – “Better Than It Was.”
        5.  As I respond to problems, needs and circumstances, I will try to make a positive difference and make my world, BTIW – “Better Than It Was.”
        Remembering BTIW would benefit everyone, especially fellow believers in Christ, as we live each day. Only the Good Lord knows what is in store for us, but we His servants can strive make life better in our daily tasks. 
        So long as we remain faithful to God’s Word to the best of our human ability, we can help make the world a better place, no matter how large or small our part may be. We know our good works won’t gain us more favor with God, because Jesus has already done that for us. Thankful living, though, can help others.
        Psalm 116 asks an important question: “What shall I render to the Lord for all His benefits to me? I will offer the sacrifice of thanksgiving and will call on the name of the Lord. I will take the cup of salvation and will call on the name of the Lord. I will pay my vows to the Lord now in the presence of all His people, in the courts of the Lord’s house, in the midst of you, O Jerusalem.” (vs.12-13, 17-19)

Lord, help us leave each day, BTIW – “Better Than It Was.”

Rev. Bob Tasler, www.bobtasler.com

No comments: