Monday, April 23, 2018

PEOPLE ARE ALL DIFFERENT!


(Taken from my newest devotional, EVERY DAY WITH JESUS, coming this summer)

        God loves all people, but it’s not always easy for us to love each other. Differing opinions, personalities and even appearances may make us think less of others. We must learn to look past our pride to see the value of all God’s people.
        I was in the WalMart store on a Friday afternoon. Being the end of the week and the end of the month, this normally busy store was packed. Checkout lines were long, carts hard to find, children were fussing and tempers were getting short. Knowing checkout would take awhile, I took my place in line and spent my time watching the people around me. 
        They were all different, those in front of me, on the side, and those behind. Whether old or young, tall or short, heavy or thin, well dressed or sloppy, pretty or plain, no one looked the same. All were different. No two were alike.
        It occurred to me that God loves all these people, myself included. No matter who they are or where, God loves all people of the world, all seven billion of us! How can He do it? Jesus said, “God even knows the number of hairs of your head.” (Matthew 10:30 PBV) 
        But how? How can He hear our prayers, help us with our needs, or put up with those who ignore Him? Jesus assures us, “God so loved the world that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but shall have eternal life.” (John 3:16) Amazing!
        I have no idea how God can love all these people. I couldn’t do it, but He can. How can we not praise Him for His great mercy? Next time you’re waiting in line, look at the people around you. God loves them, too, with an everlasting love.

Lord, help us love people with Your love. 

Rev. Bob Tasler, www.bobtasler.com

No comments: