Tuesday, April 6, 2010

FOR THIS YOU HAVE JESUS

In Hebrews 13:5, God reminds us, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." In an evangelistic meeting in Ireland years ago, the speaker was explaining what it meant to abide in Christ and to trust Him completely. Concluding his message, he repeated several times, "It means in every circumstance you can keep on saying, 'For this I have Jesus'."

The meeting was then opened for testimonies. One young woman said, "Just a few minutes ago I was handed this telegram. I reads, 'Mother is very ill; take train home immediately.' When I saw those words, I knew that tonight's message was meant just for me. My heart looked up and said, 'For this I have Jesus'. Instantly a peace and strength flooded my soul."

Weeks later the evangelist received a letter from this woman. It read, "Thank you again for the message you gave that day. Life has become an uninterrupted Psalm of victory, for I have come to realize that no matter what life brings, 'For this I have Jesus'." (Taken from "Our Daily Bread", April 6, 2010)

That believer in Christ had found in her Savior the One who would be with her in all her trials. No matter how old or young you are, no matter how rich or poor you may be, no matter if you're a faithful Christian or a babe in the Faith, you still will have troubles in life. For all your troubles, you have Jesus.

"For this I have Jesus." Learn to speak it several times a day. We Christians don't often speak of a "mantra," for it suggests a pagan religion. But a Christian "mantra," a true phrase repeated often, can remind us who will give us strength and direction in our time of difficulty. So, no matter what trouble comes your way....

For this you have Jesus!

Rev. Bob Tasler, Emeritus Lutheran Pastor
Read past WEEKLY MESSAGEs at http://pbtsplace.blogspot.com
(If you are getting doubles or wish your name removed, please notify me)

No comments: