Wednesday, July 27, 2011

HOW DOES IT GET THERE?

I just finished pubishing my latest E-Book, a short novel I've written and called, "MURDER AT PALM CREEK." Palm Creek, AZ, is where Carol and I live in the winter. This fun book (fiction, of course) is now available at Amazon Kindle either by clicking on the website after my name below, or by typing in my name on the Kindle E-Book website.

But my purpose today is more than advertisement. I'd like to apply this to our understanding of God. If you have a Kindle Reader, you can order thousands of books, some free, and most for a small fee. My novel costs $3.99, inexpensive for a book, the cost of a small paperback.

A Kindle Reader is an Electronic Book. The most amazing thing about an E-Book is that when you order an E-Book, it mysteriously appears on your Kindle Reader in less than a minute. It comes through the air, right from New York or wherever Amazon sends it. And it comes into your home with no wires, no phone connection - it just arrives. And it knows exactly where to "land" - in your Kindle Reader. Wirelessly, perfect every time. Do you realize how amazing this is?

How did it know where to go? How did it keep from getting scrambled with the billions of other messages also flying through the air? How did that book, or your cell phone call, or that text message or that TV show arrive in your home in the exact same form as someone sent it? Why didn't it get mixed in the air waves on the way over?

So far I've not had one person explain this successfully. Of course they've tried: It comes electronically (How?) It comes via radio waves (Where are they?) It comes via satellites (From 220 miles up in space?) It comes via short wave, long wave or microwave (Could you point one of those out to me?)

So far, absolutely no one has explained how this can happen to me successfully. I'm not stupid, I just want to see one of those wave, and maybe touch one, too. I doubt anyone will be able to show me, because no one else has seen one either. We just believe these things happen, and we accept the process without even a partial understanding of how it happens!

But of course, we cannot believe in God, though, can we? That's too unreasonable. All the bright people in the world accept without reservation radio waves, invisible gasses, an invisible radiation field, but they can not - will not - believe in God. God is merely a creation, a figment of someone's imagination.

Here's my point: Until someone - anyone - can show me how electronics fly through the air and land in my Kindle Reader in perfect condition, without my touching, holding or seeing those radio waves, I will continue to believe in God who has made our universe perfect enough for complex life.

And until someone - anyone - can fully explain to me how even one human cell can continue living and doing its task well in my body, without anyone telling it what to do, or without any human man or woman being able to create another such cell (from NOTHING because that's what creation is), I will believe in a Creator.

And until someone - anyone - can fully explain to me why God would ever love such sinful, imperfect people who act in such murderous, lying, arrogant, foolish, idiotic, cruel ways, I will believe Jesus Christ came from heaven to save us from our sins.

We're not nearly so smart as we think we are!

MY KINDLE BOOKS:
**NEW -- MURDER AT PALM CREEK: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EMMBQU
COUNTRY PREACHER: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005BZL3V4
DAILY WALK WITH JESUS: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050VRJX0

No comments: