Monday, April 8, 2013

REPORT BACK ON "THE BIBLE"

"Christ is risen!" Yes, we can still say this with joy!
I want to say thanks to the four dozen people who took time to share their responses to my question of last week, "What did you think of The Bible?" I was speaking of the History Channel's five-part miniseries that finished on Easter Sunday. Although most sent a few brief sentences, some responses were quite detailed. Thanks to you all!
General summary of the 48 comments received:
1) It was an insightful, fresh approach to help us understand the Bible.
2) It helped us see the reality of the biblical history.
3) It may help some people see the truth of the Bible and Jesus as our Savior.
4) The actors were well chosen for the parts.
5) Some segments were quite violent and difficult to watch.

There was some disappointment that some story elements were changed, and the wish that more of the Bible could have been included. Of these 48 responses, only two were mostly negative. If you were to ask my opinion of the series, it would include all five comments already mentioned. The Jesus character was quite believable when compared to the Gospels.

I want to ask you one more question, and then I promise next week I will get back to a WEEKLY MESSAGE that is more devotional. My question for you this week is this:
Is the Bible in electronic form still God's Word?

To put it another way: Is reading the Bible on an iPhone App, a Kindle Reader or Laptop Online Bible the same as reading your printed Bible? Is it still God's Word? Let me know what you think.

My WEEKLY MESSAGE address list numbers around 1200, and it can be helpful to ask for your responses like this. Any constructive comments are welcome. If anyone would like to be removed from my list, or has addresses you'd like added, let me know, and I will comply with your request. Thank you for your loyalty to WEEKLY MESSAGE.

God's peace be with you all!

No comments: