Sunday, June 7, 2015

WHICH IS BETTER?

        People all over the world are constantly looking for something better. Whether it is better fruit at the store or a better place to live, a better car or even a better relationship, we are constantly on the lookout for what we can get that is better. I am not sure what the cure of this can be for others, but I have found out what works for me. With some things, I just stop looking.
        I have always been fascinated with cars and ever since buying my first one in 1966, I have been on the lookout for the next one, hoping it will be better. A few years ago I got a used luxury car, one of those big ones made with lasting quality. I liked it so much that I bought another one and now I have two, one in Arizona and one in Colorado. Neither cost much since they were used and I have decided to keep them in good condition and not get any more. They will be my last cars, God willing.
        The book of Proverbs is filled with comparisons that point us to the right thing in life, right decisions and words, deeds and thoughts. The purpose of the book is to give the reader the knowledge and wisdom based on faith in God. It is not surprising to find many statements that say, “This is better than that.”
        For example, Proverbs 16 tells us It is better to seek wisdom than to seek riches (v. 16). It also says It is better to be poor and humble than rich and proud (v. 19) and, It is better to keep our temper under control than to be a ruler (v. 32). Some people are fortunate to have the ability to be both wise and wealthy, but when faced with a choice Proverbs says wisdom is better of the two.
        When Jesus told some of His parables, He would often begin saying, “What do you think?” (Matthew 18:12) He was teaching them to make good choices, and His stories showed them a better way. When we allow the Word of God to help us make decisions and guide our choices, we will find God’s way is always better.

Show me the best way in what I do today, Lord Jesus!

2 comments:

essayservice.info said...

I'm delighted of your blog! Did you find the keys of your success? Mine is essayservice.info. These people can help you to achive your aim.

Rev. Bob Tasler said...

At age 70, I no longer seek "Keys to Success" outside of my relationship with the Lord