Monday, August 10, 2015

THE MIRACLE OF LOVE

      I am a fairly well educated person, but I am not sure education has made me smart. One of my older brothers often noted this. When I came home from college he’d usually say, “You don’t look any smarter than the last time I saw you.” I didn’t mind the sarcasm, because he was right. Learning may show itself in a person’s life, but it’s usually not evident right away.
      But some things are hard to understand. For example, every time I use the remote to change a TV channel or increase the volume, I marvel how it can work. Somehow a tiny electrical wave is emitted from the small “channel changer” (my usual term) and the TV does what it tells it.
      The same is true when I turn on a light switch. I have done some electrical wiring so I know the principles behind electrical impulses going through copper wiring. I also have learned (the hard way) that one should not cross a positive and negative wire when they are connected to an electrical source. The sparks can be quite spectacular and the correct fuse hard to find in a store. Give thanks that someone invented the “fuse breaker” which eliminated the need for most fuses.
      While I’m on this subject, I also give thanks for the invention of the fuse. In 1957, our farm house caught fire due to lack of a fuse in one electrical line. It didn’t burn completely, just needed a lot of repair. That’s another story.
      But electricity is amazing. Just walk into a room, flick on a switch and you can see in the dark! But do we stop and analyze how it happened? No, we expect it to happen. We’ve become accustomed to it happening.
      Each day we expect miracles such as our eyesight(it’s morning!), memory(time to get up!), mobility(get out of bed!), knowledge(turn on the coffee!) and a million other things. God gave us ability to do all these things that a require miracle of billions of brain cells to help us do these normal things every day. Most of us don't consider such things miracles from God, but they.
      The greatest miracle of all is love. What combination of miracles comes together to cause two people to love each other? What incredible miracles did it take for God to love us and send His Son Jesus to forgive us and give us eternal life? Seeing a young couple committed to each other in marriage is a wonder. God's miracle of love is beyond all understanding.

What miracles from God will you see today?

No comments: